Are you ready to take on a pivotal role in our dynamic team? We are actively seeking a highly motivated Procurement Category Manager to contribute their expertise to our thriving organisation in Birmingham.
As a Procurement Category Manager, you will be tasked with guiding and supporting the business in its procurement activities while ensuring strict adherence to both business and group policies. You will be responsible for tendering indirect purchase requirements across all departments and actively engage in preparing and negotiating contracts and amendments. As part of your duties, you will liaise with the wider team and the Department of Transport (DfT) to obtain approval for key contracts, ensuring strict compliance with existing agreements. You will provide valuable commercial and contractual advice to the business, influencing strategic thinking and acting as the interface between the business and external lawyers for contractual matters. Attending contract review meetings is a regular part of your responsibilities, and you will actively support your colleagues in reviewing and developing procurement policies and procedures to enhance overall efficiency and compliance.
Hours of Work: Full Time, Permanent
Procurement Category Manager Requirements:
- Previous practical experience in a Category Management role – ideally within a large, complex organisation
- Experience of tendering under Utilities or Public Contract Regulations
- Management and negotiation of large contracts
- Exposure in interpreting complex legal documentation
- Great commercial and financial awareness
- Strong stakeholder management and influence skills
Procurement Category Manager Benefits:
- Salary is up to £50,000 - depending on the experience you can bring to the role
- Hybrid working - 2-3 days a week office, based in Birmingham
- Free travel on all our trains and those of other train companies within our parent group company - for you, your partner and any dependent children
- Final salary pension – one of the best available in the UK
- 75% off all other train company travel tickets
- Retail discounts
- Career development opportunities
Meet the Organisation: Who We Are and What We Do
As part of the Transport UK Group, West Midlands Trains delivers around 1,300 train journeys a day, for more than 60 million passengers a year, across our two brands - West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway.
Ready to take your career to the next level as a Procurement Category Manager? Your opportunity awaits! Don't miss out – Apply now!
Closing Date: 29/02/2024