Role: Energy Procurement Category Manager - North America
Location: Atlanta, GA
Hybrid: 2-3 days work from home
Salary: Competitive + bonus & package
Excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and global procurement function within one of the larger multi-$bn manufacturing companies. Excitingly, the organisation is going through a procurement transformation and allows the successful applicant to raise the profile of procurement within their region.
This role is responsible for regulated and deregulated Energy Procurement across North America, including engagement with utility/energy hedging, contracting and decarbonisation across offices and manufacturing plants. You will lead the strategic efforts in procuring energy-related goods and services, including developing and executing comprehensive category strategies, conducting market research, managing supplier relationships, and driving sustainability initiatives. You will also play a pivotal role in the organisation's decarbonisation efforts.
You'll directly report to the North American Senior Procurement Director and regularly engage with the Global Head of Energy, plus a vast range of senior stakeholders globally.
The ideal candidate will ideally have several years of procurement and energy/utility experience including negotiating, contract management and decarbonisation programmes. You will also have strong stakeholder management experience.
- Category strategy development for the Energy sector in North America
- Market Research and analysis to identify trends, pricing fluctuations, and emerging technologies within the Energy category. Then, translate findings into actionable insights for procurement decisions.
- Supplier Management: Establish and nurture relationships with key suppliers in the Energy sector. Negotiate contracts, manage performance, and ensure compliance with agreed-upon terms and conditions.
- Cost optimization
- Decarbonization initiatives to reduce carbon footprint
- Risk management to align with Group Energy risk policies
- Collaboration and communication across centrally and locally managed projects. You participate in Energy Team meetings and work with cross-functional teams including operations, finance, and legal departments
- Sustainability and compliance to drive sustainable procurement practices within the Energy category to ensure adherence to ESG standards
- Control budgets and forecasts related to the Energy category while developing and monitoring forecasts to ensure accurate financial targets are provided to the business.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility
- Knowledge of North American energy markets and regulations, including natural gas and electricity in regulated and deregulated markets
- Negotiations on high-value national contracts
If of interest, please let me know ASAP and ideally send your current CV along with a brief outline of your relevant Energy/Procurement experience to email@example.com. Or, if you know someone else who may be interested, please forward this to them.