Supporting the team, you will take responsibility for managing third party logistics providers to maximise the availability of our products into the distribution centres and stores.
In conjunction with key stakeholders, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality and cost efficient inbound supply chain both through operational and project management. You will be working as part of a growing and developing supply chain team, looking for continuous improvement within your role to simplify processes and maximise efficiencies.
We do things our way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our National Supply Chain team, there'd simply be no products in those stores.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the Replenishment and Specials Management Team’s within ALDI’s National Supply Chain. As a business, we are making an international transition away from our legacy Replenishment systems to an end to end SAP solution being integrated business wide. Due to this, we are recruiting for a team of highly skilled individuals open to working in a fast paced, challenging and initially undefined project environment. This team will be responsible for onboarding and managing the ongoing Replenishment and Specials Management functions, starting with our pilot Region in February 2024 and the 12 subsequent centralisations until all 13 GB/IE Region’s are centrally managed.
If you’re a hardworking individual that’s ready to kick-start your career with an award-winning employer, apply to join #TeamAlditoday!
Your New Role
- Responsibility of the operational execution, creation and monitoring of Store orders and purchase orders for Aldi’s DCs.
- Monitoring availability and loss reduction at Store and DC level to ensure that both stakeholders receive the right product in the right place and at the right time.
- Planning and managing ordering strategies for Key Events such as Christmas and Easter.
- Monitoring and actioning reports within the relevant area of responsibility, such as availability performance or case fulfilment.
- Managing day-to-day service level of Suppliers and discussing any Supplier performance issues with relevant internal stakeholders so issues do not persist.
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement and management of all levels of the business. Daily Communication with internal d departments internally like Supply Planning, Buying, Forecasting.
- Continuous improvement within role, simplifying processes and operations to maximise efficiencies.
- Plan and execute business wide replenishment strategies and proactively adjust based on changing market conditions at Store, Regional and National level.
- Being the primary contact for all stakeholders for any replenishment related queries and resolution support
- Daily usage of SAP Application, Master Data, Tableau and other Analytic Applications.
- Confidence and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues of all levels is key.
- Ability to manage a varied workload, conflicting deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organisational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities.
- Innate curiosity; always striving to improve and simplify processes and ensure consistency wherever possible.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to investigate and analyse a challenge and offer a solution.
- A desire for continued personal development.
- Flexible and resilient when workload demands it
- Demonstrate understanding of Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Experience working with external suppliers.
- Confident communicator with the ability build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Professional work experience
What you'll get in Return
- Starting salary from £34,690 rising to £40,510
- Monday- Friday 8am to 4:30pm, with occasional Saturday working and the opportunity of 2 days a week remote working
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- In-Office flexi time
- Full training provided
- Pension Scheme
- Private employee medical insurance after 4 years
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay after 2 years.
- Long service rewards.
- Access to MyBenefits, where you can find a wide range of benefits, including our bike to work scheme, shopping and cinema discounts, health cash plan, a FREE will, travel and discounted gym memberships, as well as a host of benefits to support your financial and wellbeing needs.
- Access to a free, 24/7, confidential virtual GP service for all Aldi Colleagues and their children (under the age of 16)
Aldi is an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and are dedicated to promoting a culture of inclusion, providing an environment in which collaboration, respect and fairness are essential. We value diversity and are dedicated to treating all of our colleagues and prospective colleagues fairly and with respect.
If you’re looking for a career that gives you more, apply today!