In a nutshell, you'll make sure that Aldi products get from the suppliers through to our distribution sites across the country, to keep pace with our amazing growth.
This is about looking at the strategy to make sure every stage of the supply chain, right back to the source, works effectively. So you could be dealing with a supplier in Spain one week and Slough the next. You'll be trusted, encouraged and motivated to own an area of the supply chain and make the right decisions. It can be demanding, challenging and fast-paced. But if you're ready to apply yourself and keep improving, it can be hugely rewarding, too.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our National Supply Chain team, there'd simply be no products in those stores.
We are recruiting for a Forecasting Manager opportunity within our National Supply Chain Forecasting Team. This is a great opportunity to play a key part in shaping the future department and its ways of working.
You will gain valuable leadership experience supervising the delivery of daily forecasts for the UK and Irish business while managing multiple business critical projects. As well as forming relationships with GB/IE colleagues at various levels of the business and across all domains.
As a National Supply Chain Forecasting Manager you will support the wider business in achieving key strategic objectives through generating and delivering national initiatives. As the department and forecasting systems evolve, so will the role. As such you will require a proactive approach and a high level of multi-tasking and resilience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop within the business and play a key part in shaping the future of Aldi globally. Ready for more? Apply to join #TeamAldi today!
Your New Role
As a National Supply Chain Forecasting Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
Subject matter expertise
- Data analysis, data maintenance, data representation
- Ability to create business reports
- Understanding of key forecasting principles and consideration factors
- Ability to identify gaps in the new processes and define new ones as required
- Create PowerPoint presentations to illustrate processes
- Ability to lead and inspire a team
- Development and training of Forecast Analysts and Assistants
- Creating training materials
- Planning and delivery of training to business users
- Ensures deadlines are complied with in area of responsibility
- Provides updates to Direct Lead and wider business
- Reporting of risks, issues and business readiness status
- Identifies and communicates project information necessary for senior management decision making
- Utilises strategic thinking to identify opportunities to improve business performance
- Appropriately manages projects from conception to completion
- A confident individual with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proven ability to proactively work towards challenging deadlines through multitasking and resilience
- Logical and analytical thinker
- Experience in forecasting and replenishment solutions
- Knowledge or experience of data analysis and consumer trends
- Ideally you will possess a knowledge of SAP
What You’ll get in Return
- Salary from £55,915 to £81,415
- Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, with the opportunity of 2 days a week remote working
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Access to a free, 24/7, confidential virtual GP service for all Aldi Colleagues and their children (under the age of 16)
- In office flexi-time
- Full training provided
- Company pension from commencement
- Private employee medical insurance after 6 months
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity and adoption leave
- Company paternity leave after 2 years
- Long service rewards
- A variety of Aldi Perks including bike to work scheme, discounted gym passes, accommodation, travel, cinema and family day out tickets
If you’re ready to join a forward thinking business with a focus on your development as well as the business’, apply today!