A superb opportunity for a Buyers/Senior Buyer to join a truly world leading brand, Highly competitive salary and benefits package are on offer that includes HYBRID WORKING, bonus, car scheme, pension and medical insurance.
These are critical roles, where you will be responsible for the procurement of a defined range of components, in line with procurement departmental procedures and objectives. You will be focusing on securing strong commercial terms and excellent quality and delivery service levels from suppliers while ensuring audit compliance. You will also manage the development of a small team of buyers (senior level), to help them achieve the performance required to support the departmental and business objectives. In this role you will be report into and be supported by Senior Buyer or Senior Manager (depending upon level). The role offers an exciting work environment in an organisation that's brand value is second to none and where procurement / purchasing truly adds strategic value.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Responsible for the delivery and execution of commodity strategies, ensuring that the company is kept up to date on marketplace commercial and technical developments, as well as legislative regulations. Deep analysis of market forces to include new suppliers, aware of market conditions and able to adapt to changing / challenging environment. Engage cross functionally with key stakeholders to ensure correct business decisions are made tied in with short / long term objectives for the company.
- Interrogate and interpret QAF’s to ensure adherence to VFM and should cost. Using quantitative data to support savings opportunities delivered in a timely manner, assimilate supplier and internal processes to positively impact Procurement performance.
- Confidently enter total cost and contractual negotiations with current and potential suppliers. To ensure correct margins are captured through total cost of ownership
- Understand and apply tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships. VSM, VAVE, Variable Pricing Mechanism etc
- Manage supplier performance through vehicle launch phases and current vehicle phases ensuring flawless execution Quality, Cost and On Time Delivery performance is maintained at high levels. In addition, provide enthusiasm and passion for driving continuous improvement in these metrics, internally as well as at the Supplier.
- Provide Procurement / commercial input into cross-functional teams that effectively contributes to the organisation’s programme goals by applying a confident approach to teamwork.
- Understand and support the quality department in achieving full Quality PAP Approval (Performance Approval Process).
- Constantly strive for process improvement opportunities internally, as well as with the Supplier base, focussing on business ‘Best Practice’ initiatives. While also ensuring social responsibility to the environment is maintained.
- Identify supplier risk and develop robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Lead and promote good supplier relationships.
- Play an instrumental role in enabling the function to achieve its business objectives, through meeting or ideally exceeding defined objectives. Lead by example
- Manage and development Junior buyers to include performance management and objective settings.
Qualification & Experience:
- Educated to Degree level and a full member of CIPS, or at least working towards this.
- Previous Procurement experience is required, within Automotive would be preferred but not essential
- Understanding of the strategic role of the Procurement function and ability to work at this level.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Post holder should hold a full driving licence and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require.
- You will ideally have experience in the management of a small team of Buyers (for Senior role)
Please use the site buttons to Apply.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please call Nick Cooke on +44 (0)1403 248448
Beaumont Select is a leading Supply Chain & Purchasing Recruitment Agency for permanent and interim staffing solutions. We support a primarily blue-chip client base, in the provision of experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Professionals; successfully resolving their Purchasing Recruitment demands. We have a proven track record in purchasing recruitment and are a leading purchasing recruitment agency. Complying with the BERR Beaumont Select are an Employment Agency and an Employment Business