We are looking for a buyer to join a commercial team with an established UK construction company with works predominantly in rail civils.
* Setting up and maintaining agreements with companies UK wide
* Monitor the subcontractor and suppliers performance over time to be able to produce reports as required.
* You are responsible for ensuring that materials, equipment, PPE etc are of the standards required for HSQE purposes
* Ensure that any machinery or plant complies with PUWER & LOLER regulations
* Buying experience in construction or engineering is essential for this job
* Buying experience working with large, national companies is required.
* CIPS qualified, desirable, not essential