Recently awarded the No.1 Best Large Company to work for in the UK 2022, we've created a brand-new position for a Procurement & Supply Chain Coordinator to join our growing team at Hickory's Smokehouse.
A Procurement & Supply Coordinator will support in developing and embedding the supplier governance framework and policies, with upstream purchasing and organisation of supply routes to our current suppliers & distributors. This will include taking ownership of the maintenance of supplier records and providing regular and timely reporting and insights on Hickory's Smokehouse's overall supply chain. This includes contract data, contract ownership and contacts, supplier risk information such as information security, modern slavery, financial crime, credit risk etc. Ensuring compliance with policies, regular engagement with Heads of Departments and other key stakeholders within the Hickory's Family.
At Hickory's Smokehouse, we're about to enter an exciting period of rapid growth with a fully funded aim to double the business by June 2025. A successful candidate will be pivotal in stimulating innovation in both Procurement & Supply Chain practice, through quality sourcing, negotiating down channel routes to suppliers and assist in the wider streamlining of our organisation.
Knowledge & experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a Procurement & Supply Chain position, preferably within Hospitality, though not essential.
- CIPS qualified would be ideal but is not essential.
- Adept at driving commercially successful purchasing without compromising on ethics or quality.
- Particularly experienced in dealing with upstream purchasing and organising routes to suppliers & distributors.
- Ability to review contracts and extract all relevant data to enable reporting and oversight to the Senior Operations Team.
- Analytical, capable of taking data and presenting findings to inform colleagues and stakeholders.
- Technical experience of design and implementing contract database / supplier management systems.
- Proactivity, positivity and tenacity; demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity in the role.
- Strong analytics experience in order to understand and interpret information, bringing insight.
- Excellent organisation, communication, project management, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent IT and numeracy skills.
- Identifying areas for cost improvement and delivery through project management.
- Implementing the Group’s sustainability strategy across the supply chain and in sites.
- Supporting the Operational Teams in minimising shortages and delivering ‘on time’ and ‘in full’.
What we can offer you:
- A 40-hour contract with flexible, agile/remote working.
- Petrol Allowance, Laptop & Mobile Phone supplied.
- 28 days holiday with the option to buy more!
- 25% discount for you and 5 friends at all of our restaurants. This will increase to 50% discount for loyal service!
- Birthday reward - A meal on us for you and your friends every year.
- Paid occasion days off (Wedding Day, Kid’s first day at school, Moving into your first house and more!)
- Enhanced paternity & maternity pay.
- Up to £500 refer a friend scheme.
- Chance to ‘give a bit back’ by joining our fundraising activities for Cash For Kids.
- Stacks of enrichment opportunities including the possibility of once in a lifetime trip to the Deep South!
- Amazing team parties.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Bike to Work Scheme.
Great opportunity to join the company at an exciting time as we expand, giving opportunities for personal development