It's no secret that there are a lot of Supply Chain challenges globally now, in all different sectors... but who doesn't love a challenge?! We're looking for the right Buyer to come in and support the business with the expediting and execution of our supplies!
This is a busy time for our Procurement team, with a strong team of 3, we need another driven and enthusiastic Buyer to be the perfect addition to our hard-working and energetic team.
As a Buyer with JBT your main responsibility is purchase order placement, expediting, vendor relationship management and cost controls, as well as working closely with stakeholders, to ensure strong service levels, maintain sufficient costs and reporting to meet our commercial and internal customers' needs.
A day in the life of a Buyer..
* Placement and management of production and non- production purchase orders in a timely manner to support all operational requirements.
* Provide the required purchasing integrity in line with the company standards.
* Responsible for the RFQ process for components for Livingston contracts, ensuring compliance with the JBT preferred and approved suppliers.
* Lead contract negotiations with suppliers on all aspects (cost, warranty, payment terms)
* Working with internal departments, Production, Planning, Engineering, Stores & Logistics.
* Ensure on time placement of Purchase Orders in line with the project schedule.
* Support the Aftermarket team on facilitating a fast-moving environment and providing a timely response.
* Liaising with other JBT businesses in identifying synergy of spend areas to leverage JBT presence.
* Supplier relationship owner for agreed key ordering categories.
* Optimise the performance of the key category suppliers in dimensions including cost reduction, supplier delivery and quality performance, risk mitigation, commodity economics, working capital improvement, and contract compliance.
* Drive the use of continuous improvement tools throughout the strategic sourcing process to continuously improve all aspects of the purchasing department performance.
What we're looking for in a Buyer..
* A proactive and forward-thinking individual who can identify opportunities to positively influence supplier relationships and performance.
* Experience of working in a fast-paced environment and a natural problem solver with the capability to leverage operating efficiencies.
* Strong communication, analytical and Microsoft Office skills
* Experience within a project driven Engineer-To-Order (ETO) manufacturing environment
* Familiar with ERP / MRP Systems (Movex, Syteline advantageous)
* CIPS accredited
A bit about us:
We are JBT, a global leading technology solution provider with offices in more than 100 countries all over the world. We are growing both organically and by acquisitions and are continuously looking for new employees that want to grow with us! We are awesome at supplying the food processing and air transportation industries with cutting edge machinery and equipment. We design, manufacture, test and service technologically sophisticated systems and products for our customers. In JBT Ltd - Livingston (where this position sits) we design and manufacture high quality ovens, fryers and cookers for the leading food industry brands. The demand for our product is growing! JBT Ltd - Livingston is a fantastic business that has developed many champions by identifying, training and developing them, we are just missing another Buyer to add to our team, as we expand.
We seek people with passion, engagement and determination to give our customers the BEST service possible!
Please click on the link to apply below