One of the UK's fastest-growing management consultancies that serves clients in the construction sector is seeking Senior Procurement Consultants.
Frequently listed in the Financial Times as one of the top companies to work for, this management consultancy continues to see phenomenal demand and growth, and this owes largely its best-in-class strategic, end-to-end procurement delivery team.
Within this team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with an outstanding group of specialist consultants, advise major clients on large-scale/flagship projects and challenge yourself in a market-leading global business.
In addition, you’ll have further opportunities to travel both nationally and internationally to service and manage key commissions for its blue-chip client portfolio.
You do not need to come from a consultancy background as the business hires individuals on industry experience and attitude.
Your working pattern will be a mixture of remote, at one of the companies many UK offices (London, Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, etc.) and at one of its carefully selected client sites.
As Senior Procurement Consultant your key responsibilities will be:
- Providing specialist procurement strategy advice to public and private sector clients
- Managing end-to-end procurement services on major construction-related projects
- Supporting the development of the procurement services provided by the company
- Supporting business development and marketing of the strategic procurement division
- Supporting the delivery of both team and wider business targets
- Supporting on bid preparation and proposal documentation and supporting the work-winning capability of the strategic procurement division
- Knowledge of different NEC forms of contract and risk allocation including Early Contractor Involvement (ECI), Design & Build (D&B) components and Target Cost (Option C) NEC Contracts
- Knowledge of EU procurement life-cycle for specific projects and articulate procedures and policies
- Understanding of the concept of spend analysis to adopt best control business spend, to achieve efficiencies
- Understanding of the delivery and commercial implications of HS2 and our supply chain’s actions and decisions
Type of experience:
- Experience procuring large value complex heavy civils/construction or similar works/services in compliance with the Utilities Contracts Regulations with a thorough knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and contracts using the NEC suite of contract forms
- Experience in operating in a matrix environment, with influencing and communication skills – able to persuade on the basis of objective argument founded in fact and analysis
- Commercial expertise to ensure that value for money is secured and demonstrated
- Sponsor / Stakeholder relationship and management experience, with communication and influencing skills
Experience & Qualifications:
- MCIPS (or working towards) and preferably possessing a degree related to quantity surveying, law or procurement
- Infrastructure sector experience
- OJEU knowledge
- Excellent experience of various forms of contracts with a particular focus on NEC and JCT
- Confident, independent and able to work autonomously without the need for supervision
- A strong background in tender preparation and development within relevant sectors
- Excellent communication skills
Benefits of the Senior Procurement Consultant role include:
- £4,000 car allowance
- Private healthcare
- 5% matched pension
- 4x life assurance
- 24 days holiday