The successful applicant will manage a significant category/ project spend and assist with the development and dissemination of best procurement practices across the organisation, You will identify priority categories within your portfolio and design, sell and implement solutions, which result in value for money being achieved and contribute to the overall Procurement strategy.
Drawing on your experience in category management, tendering, whole life costing evaluation, contract formation and management, you will deliver best value framework agreements and assist non-procurement staff to obtain value for money.
You will also be required to represent and communicate our requirements at meetings of external purchasing consortia and other groups. You will explore new opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies in order to achieve savings targets, at the same time ensuring that legal obligations and funding conditions are met.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Involvement in multi-disciplinary teams both within and outside the Finance Directorate.
- The ability to demonstrate clear savings and benefits to senior stakeholders
- Tactile negotiation skills
- Solid analytical skills are essential, to be displayed across various categories
- Strong interpersonal skills to address the complex supply and service needs of academic, technical specialist and support members of staff
- Effective commodity management skills with an established record of delivering savings on category spends
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- MCIPS qualification / Degree level education or relevant equivalent experience
£50,000 Salary plus superb benefits including:
- 33 days Holiday
- Flexible Working
- Generous Pension
- Canteen onsite
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- + others