Reporting to the Home Deliveries Director, you’ll be responsible for the financial success of the region: delivering forecast requirements based on new customer growth, and creating reports which detail delivery costs against budget, together with substantial analysis and regular review of regional driver KPIs to make sure that our standards are being met. This includes driver performance, fleet maintenance, general efficiency, and eco-driving to make our deliveries more sustainable.
This is one of three new Regional Manager roles. All three together will provide vital support to our Home Delivery Director: first in converting Riverford’s broader strategy into a business plan for the home delivery network, and next in implementing this inspiring plan within your region.
- Lead change to support the business strategy, taking an inclusive approach to achieve buy-in and engagement from co-owners in your region.
- Provide your teams with the tools and support they need to ensure high health and safety standards and all legal compliance is in order.
- Motivate, coach and develop team leaders to deliver on overall targets and business plans, empowering them to make decisions and supporting them to learn from mistakes.
- Use your strong problem-solving skills and customer-centric approach to ensure our drivers deliver every box safely, efficiently and on time, while making an excellent impression as the face of Riverford
Desired skills & experience
- Experience within a senior logistics management role, focused on last mile delivery, ideally based within the food retail sector.
- Management and control of top-level cost and productivity KPIs.
- Demonstrable experience of leading major organisational change.
- Experience leading large numbers of people, proving yourself as a role model and influential leader.
- Strong commercial understanding and previous accountability for contribution-target-based results.
- Highly analytical, with an ability to understand complex problems, proactively seeking out solutions and opportunities to improve.
- Able to promote excellent customer service that’s aligned with Riverford’s strong values and culture.
Salary £45-55k per annum, dependent upon experience.
This is a permanent contract, 40 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday based within the South West, with the expectation of travelling to other sites including possible overnight stays. Flexibility is required as start and finish times vary, along with occasional weekend working.
1st stage interviews are planned in for 29th September together with the expectation that 2nd stage interviews with presentation will be held 6th to the 7th October