Supporting the team, you will take responsibility for managing third party customs agents to ensure compliant and efficient import of our product to maximise availability into our distribution centres and stores.
In conjunction with key stakeholders, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality and cost efficient inbound supply chain both through operational and project management. You will be working as part of a growing and developing customs team, looking for continuous improvement within your role to simplify processes and maximise efficiencies.
We do things our way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our Customs team, there'd simply be no products in those stores.
We are seeking a detail oriented, strategic and highly motivated Customs Assistant to join our National Supply Chain Management team.
The Customs Assistant will be responsible for coordinating customs processes and procedures across various departments within the business. We are looking for someone with excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to use their own initiative.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Checking, reviewing, analysing and presenting data
- Overseeing the process of customs classification
- Overseeing the resolution of queries raised by purchasing and customs teams
- Identifying areas of improvement and optimising processes
- Cross-checking various sources of information incl. contracts and internal systems
- Dealing with Irish negotiated suppliers and gathering relevant supplier information (supplier, product and account details) across all temperature regimes and product categories
- Initiating and coordinating within the team or other departments in order to efficiently and effectively accomplish assigned tasks
- Liaising with external customs stakeholders to ensure efficient running of all import related tasks
Essential Skills and Qualifications for the role are as follows:
- Level 2 Customs Practitioner Qualification or employment experience as detailed below -
- Experience as a Customs Clerk or similar
- Experience working with customs data and knowledge of customs legislation
- Experience in a busy, deadline driven environment
- Track record of rolling out new policies and procedural initiatives
- Highly focused and accurate with a meticulous eye for detail
- Great team player who works collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, written communication and administration skills
- Confident using Microsoft Offices packages (incl. Excel)
Working Hours - 08:00 - 16:30 (Mon to Fri)
Holidays - 25 Days plus Bank Holidays
Aldi Perks - Bike to work scheme, discounted gym membership, shopping and travel discounts & many more.