My client in London Enfield is currently In need of a Senior Buyer.
My client is a specialist manufacture and supply of maritime navigation and surveillance radar systems.
The jobholder will be expected to strengthen the current skill base within Procurement to maximise on profit and cash flow by providing a lead role in the purchase of strategic commodities and facilities.
Also to provide advice and guidance to more junior members of staff in the department.
* Procurement of assigned key and strategic commodities of materials to meet the Manufacturing Programme at best value and to the given quality levels
* Maintain a balanced level of inventory against the Manufacturing Programme
* Meeting the make-to-order requirements of the Operations Business whilst minimising inventory exposure use of supplier owned consignment stock
* Identify and recommend global sourcing opportunities
* Contribute to and provide leadership in value streaming improvement programmes as required.
* Contribute to new product introduction projects as required
* Providing support and advice to other members of Procurement team relating to best practice of the Procurement activity
* Any other tasks associated with this role as required by the needs of the procurement and logistics manager.
* Negotiate various site facility contracts on an annual basis and to budget.
* To be fully aware at all times of the commodity costs and values of base materials and currencies.
* HNC or equivalent in business related subject
* CIPS membership or studying for CIPS membership is desirable
* Experience within a purchasing role at Senior Buyer level
* Demonstrate experience of MRP, kanban, contract law, negotiation and working within a change culture organisation
* Possesses the desire to recommend and implement change within the supply chain
* Willingness to travel on company business both in the UK and abroad at short notice.
The salary for this position is paying £50k per annum with loads of additional benefits as well as a general holiday allowance.
Please respond with an up to date CV to be considered for the role