1-year FTC with potential for longer term
Location: Oxford, with flexible working
Salary: £35,000-£45,000 plus excellent benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established market leader undergoing continued growth. We are seeking a Category Manager who will be focused on supporting on a range of IT based categories. You will be responsible for managing the commercial relationship across various key vendors, building, developing and maintaining close working relationships.
You will manage the end-to-end supply chain process as well as the ongoing Supplier Relationship Management programme, seeking to identify opportunities to generate category revenue and margin and deliver cost savings.
Whilst previous IT procurement experience is preferred, we will also consider transferable experience for the right person. The key is to have a hard-working mentality with a willingness to learn and develop and a strong commercial mind. This is a 1-year fixed term role with the potential to extend.
- Running sourcing activities to define supplier selection
- Benchmark bids as required to identify opportunities for cost savings
- Select and actively use appropriate commercial methodologies to generate cost savings
- Build close working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Utilise data reporting mechanisms to provide category insights
- Support the wider procurement team with other duties as required
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Educated to degree or equivalent level. Ideally MCIPS qualified
- Good communicating and influencing skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Flexible can-do attitude with a willingness and ability to adapt within the role
- Good written, numerical and presentation skills
- Experience in negotiating with suppliers at a senior level
- Demonstrable experience of building and managing relationships externally with suppliers and internally with stakeholders
- Pro-active and innovative approach in providing solutions to challenges
Apply for Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly