Group Inventory Manager
Are you an effective stock manager looking for a job where you can really make a difference? Do you want to work for a successful family owned and run wine distributor?
We are Berkmann Wine Cellars and we are looking to appoint to a newly created Group Inventory Manager vacancy. Whilst dividing your time between our head office on Brewery Road and at one of our third party bonded warehouses, London City Bond (LCB), in Thurrock, you will be responsible for stock accuracy across all of our third party warehouses and ensuring that the physical stock matches what is recorded on the system. This will also involve acting as the liaison between Berkmann and LCB to ensure that all agreed service agreements are adhered to.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Accountable for the day to day stock management within certain locations
- Ensuring all returns and stock adjustments are reconciled daily and swiftly receipted
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of BWC excise duty deferment account vs BWC Navision stock movements, ensuring they are in line with HMRC declarations
- Effective management of the team (currently an Inventory Controller) in terms of coaching when required, setting of targets, quarterly reviews and other HR related tasks
- Reviewing, refining and implementing processes that improve efficiency and drive performance
- Manage stock takes
- Monthly review of stock holding to identify run rates vs overstocks and non-issuing lines
- Worked within a similar role involved with handling stock, financial analysis and control (essential)
- Numerical with excellent written and verbal communication (essential)
- Must be highly computer literate. Working knowledge of Navision (ERP System) plus strong Microsoft Office and Excel capabilities (essential)
- Keen attention to detail, strong organisation skills and ability to make key decisions to support the smooth day to day running within distribution (essential)
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude who is tenacious in their approach (essential)
- Must own a car and hold a UK driving licence and be able to travel to and from Thurrock (essential)
- Previous stock control or stock audit background (desirable)
This role is 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day (9am – 5.30pm) Monday to Friday with an unpaid break of 1 hour. You may be asked to work overtime, but this is not guaranteed.
- Starting salary of £30,000+
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 26 days after 5 years and 27 days after 10 years)
- Discount on our wine
- Join a diverse and successful family owned and run company
- Access to support and training
How to Apply
Please submit your CV to email@example.com by 8th October 2020. Please note that should any suitable CVs be received whilst the advert is live then individuals will be invited to an interview and an offer may be made prior to the closing date.
Due to the high volume of applications we expect to receive, we are unable to provide feedback on your application should you not be invited for interview. If you have not heard from Berkmann Wine Cellars within 2 weeks of the closing date, please presume you have not been successful on this occasion. Please note that we cannot consider your application if you do not satisfy the required knowledge and experience criteria detailed above.
Equal consideration will be given to all candidates, irrespective of their gender, race, disability, marital status, religion, age or sexuality.
Please note we will not accept CVs sent from recruitment agencies.
Apply for Group Inventory Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly