Category Manager - Construction
Morgan Law is currently working with a Local Authority in London to recruit a Category Manager for Construction. Candidates will be expected to have previous experience in managing construction related procurements using contracts such as JCT and NEC3. Public Sector experience is advantageous but private sector experience would be considered with the relevant experience above.
Key duties expected of the Category Manager includes:
- Lead on the development of strategic sourcing options for procurements related to a range of capital projects. Take a leadership role on behalf of borough officers in direct negotiations with suppliers, clients and other providers of services.
- Lead major procurements using the appropriate methods and procedures.
- Develop the Category Plan and then deliver the objectives and targets identified in the Category Plan
- Represent the Council in the supply market and through knowledge gained there, directly influence all third party expenditure in the allocated Category by creatively planning and implementing procurement projects that meet customer needs
Key experience includes:
- Working knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of construction contracts
- The ability to draft basic specifications from scratch
- Experience of e-tendering portals – Due North is the preferred system
- An ability to work pro-actively without excessive supervision
- Ideally Public Sector experience in Construction related procurement
To apply please call Bradley at Morgan Law on 0207 747 6820 or email your CV to email@example.com
Apply for Category Manager - Construction
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly