Procurement Category Manager
Would you like to work for a forward-thinking, multi-national hospitality company alongside inspirational people who are dedicated to be the best they can be? Look no further than Accor.
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 250,000 hospitality experts who take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 properties worldwide. We each share the same passion, helping people to Live Limitless.
As a valued member of the Accor team, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- A competitive salary and bonus potential
- Hotel and food & beverage discounts in Accor properties globally
- Discounts with key partners (e.g. Europcar, Emirates, Eurostar)
- 2 free weekend breaks per year in the UK
- Private medical insurance
....and many more
ESSENTIAL AND OPTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will ideally demonstrate the following skills, experience and traits:
• A proven negotiator, with strong persuasion skills (at least 2 to 4 years of relevant procurement experience)
• Category experience in Food & Beverage or Non Food services
• Customer focus – interest to always improve level of service to different stakeholders (guest , hotels & other internal stakeholders)
• Result-Oriented – showing energy and drive to exceed targets, whilst maintaining integrity & ethical standards
• Strong commercial sense & ability to build relationships
• A fast learner – Showing agility, curiosity and passion to discover new things
• A team player – Autonomous, while always ready to participate to projects and help colleagues
• Experience in the Hospitality or Food / Non-Food sector is a strong advantage
• Good command of spoken English, Dutch is a must with French knowledge a plus
• Flexibility to travel 2 days a week in the Benelux
Purpose of the role:
The Category Manager’s responsibility is to ensure Accor in the region can benefit from the best quality and purchasing conditions. He/She will be part of the global Accor Grouped Purchasing Organization (GPO). He/She will play a key role in transforming the department into a best-in-class Procurement Service Provider, listening to his business stakeholders, while always keeping the Guest in mind. Ultimately, by delivering on the saving targets for his categories, he/she will impact positively the P&L of Accor Northern Europe, and maximize the revenue of our partner hotels.
Your main office will be in Brussels with some travel to Amsterdam on regular basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Translating business & guest needs into a sourcing strategy for your categories
• Autonomously defining the overall tactical sourcing plan, with clear prioritization on the biggest areas of spent
• Determining the best sourcing procurement process by product e.g. Traditional RFQ/RFI/RFP, eAuction, collaborative sourcing etc.
• Preparing & carrying-out negotiations to deliver on saving targets and conclude contracts with suppliers
• Implementing international contracts locally
• Managing supplier relationships once contracts are signed
• Developing relationship and capturing feedback from stakeholders (Hotels & Head Office) on future needs and participate to continuous improvement projects
• Promoting the Accor Procurement services with all our hotels partners, increasing our purchasing power and helping grow procurement EBIT contribution
• Collaborating daily with Procurement team members in the Benelux, UK & Ireland region
• Exchanging best practices & tools beyond the region with his Procurement peers