Senior Purchasing Manager - Equipment & Decor
Our client is a prominent Food organisation with a global footprint. They are a renowned and reputable brand with an agile and busy company culture but with a huge emphasis on people development and work/life balance. They have a requirement for a Senior Purchasing Manager for the Equipment and Decor category.
Reporting into the Head of Equipment Purchasing, this is a hands-on delivery and people leadership role. You will lead a team of 2 Purchasing Managers, based in the UK. The category spend is £35m and includes all the equipment for restaurants including white goods, ovens, crockery, furniture, etc as well as fixtures and fittings.
What you will be doing:
• Leading, motivating and developing a team of Buyers to ensure category management strategies are developed and delivered
• Team management including objective setting, development plans, etc.
• Being hands-on in developing and delivering category strategies yourself, including negotiation, managing suppliers, strategic sourcing, managing risk, etc.
• Working closely with key stakeholders across Europe, up to Board level
• Bringing commercial skillset to deliver profit through more than just price negotiation
Skills and experience required:
• Solid experience in purchasing finished products, preferably related to fixtures, fittings, equipment or similar - at least 7 years' experience – gained in a complex and international business. Experience in the Restaurant or Food sectors is an advantage.
• Experience of working in a service-oriented organisation with demanding customers
• Degree calibre
• Some experience in people management
• Happy to be a people manager AND a hands-on purchasing professional
• Able to bring commercial rigour to deliver profit
• Excellent communication and influencing skills and not afraid to challenge and push back, when required
Apply for Senior Purchasing Manager - Equipment & Decor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly