Junior Category Manager, Indirects
Our client is a leading UK Services business, established in 2016. With the arrival of the new Head of Procurement, they are looking to hire a Junior Category Manager, at their headquarters, who will support a number of strategic sourcing initiatives across a wide range of indirect spend including Marketing, Facilities Management, IT and HR Services.
This is an excellent opportunity for a bright and ambitious, graduate calibre Buyer to learn and make a step up into category management, influencing a spend of up to £10m. The Procurement function is evolving and this is a brilliant opportunity to work closely with the high-performing Head of Procurement and help him shape procurement processes and systems.
You must be a confident communicator who is able to manage multiple stakeholder complexity. The stakeholders have different expectations and perceptions of Procurement so you must be prepared to adapt your communication style and be highly organised.
What you will be doing:
• Develop strong, long term, collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers to develop category management solutions and align to current and future business requirements;
• Identify and implement innovative sourcing solutions, develop business cases and outline savings opportunities across categories;
• Create negotiation strategies;
• Direct accountability and exposure to change management. Many spend areas are still untouched so there is plenty of opportunity to influence and deliver.
Skills and experience required:
• At least 2 years' experience in Procurement, preferably with experience of Indirect categories, and a solid grounding in strategic procurement processes but keen to develop category management strategies
• Graduate calibre
• Communicates with passion and ownership
• A good team player