Junior Contracts Manager
A well-known SME shipping company highly praised by employees is working on several exciting projects and is looking for a junior contracts manager to join the business. Initially a 12 FTC with a view to becoming a permanent opportunity, you will be managing the contracts across all categories, within a popular, fast-paced industry. This role is attractive because you will have the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you wish so if you have a willingness to learn then this company is willing to teach.
As Junior Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing purchasing agreements as directed to make recommendations for appropriate courses of action to improve performance and cost-effectiveness
- Working with stakeholders across all areas of the company to generate specifications for work packages and to tender requirements as appropriate
- Analysing existing areas of uncontracted spend and recommending appropriate courses of action and implement where appropriate.
- Reviewing purchasing categories as directed to aggregate departmental requirements, rationalising suppliers and recommending areas for implementation or renegotiation of contracts
- Effectively managing the addition of new suppliers in accordance with the company’s requirements and to minimise risk
- Supporting business units and project teams in effective sourcing activities through early purchasing involvement as directed.
- Ad-hoc procurement project throughout the business as directed
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Good Judgement and decision making
- Customer-focused with effective interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical with good data skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated with drive and creativity
- PC literate with experience of Microsoft Office
In applications we will be looking for:
- Some exposure to contract management and/or some exposure to purchasing processes
- A technical understanding of Procurement
- Graduates with a degree in Procurement or Supply Chain are welcome to apply
- Supplier Relationship Management experience is desirable
- A passion for Procurement, an enthusiastic and driven attitude with a willingness to learn.
Benefits of the Junior Contracts Manager role include:
- A dynamic working environment with no shortage of opportunity
- Extensive exposure and experience in contract management and supplier management
- An insight into all relevant procurement categories, e.g. Fleet, People, Maintenance, Food and Beverage
- Free car parking
- Free foot passage for commuting purposes if based on IOW