ICT Category Director
As ICT Category Director you will have strong leadership skills & senior strategic public & private sector procurement experience with a demonstrable track record of delivering high value, high impact added value contributions across ICT Procurement.
b and Organisational Details
In this leadership role, the requirements of the ICT Category Director include:
- Strategic delivery & management of the ICT category
- Developing category strategies for all ICT spend both internally & externally
- Ensuring category management processes are in place that enable the assessment of the market capabilities to meet the needs of users & business.
- Supporting the Director of Commercial in the development of the overall Commissioning Strategy.
- Implementing the Commissioning Strategy, ensuring the ICT category sourcing strategy is aligned to it.
- Developing strong relationships with the Business Groups & detailed knowledge of their categories in order to deliver value.
- Ensuring control of spend & specifically critical contracts are continually analysed in order to develop & drive value adding initiatives.
- On an ongoing basis track operation demand & patterns and introduce demand management mechanisms where applicable.
- Ensuring Commercial Contract Management safeguards the wellbeing of relationships and its impact on our client’s services.
- Responsible for the strategic SRM process within their category that enables our client to maximise the value it receives from its strategic suppliers.
- Responsible for the implementation of standard procurement policies, processes & Standard Operating Procedure’s within the ICT category.
- Developing & managing a strategically focused team.
- Providing procurement leadership & market insight to ensure maximum value for spend is achieved
The role of ICT Category Director requires the following skills:
- Effectively manages the market for their category
- Delivers significant corporate change in a planned & resilient manner
- Exhibits strong leadership across a multi-department arena
- Maintains focus despite contextual ambiguity
- Projects personal impact & credibility at all levels (including senior) of the organisation & external market
- Builds collaborative partnerships
- Generates effective solutions to complex problems
- Commercially astute
- Leads & empowers staff
- Engages with users to understand requirements
- Influences users’ choice
- Able to effectively question & challenge users (act as a “critical friend”)
- Expert Category knowledge
- Strong Procurement understanding & knowledge of standard sourcing methodologies
- Strong understanding of public sector procurement e.g., use of OJEU to issue tenders, conducting of competitive dialogue etc
- Strong understanding of Contract Management (CM) & Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) processes
- Strong project management capabilities gained through practical professional experience
- Working knowledge of Purchasing processes from Requisition–to–Pay Experience
- Leading, delivering & negotiating complex procurement
- A successful career in procurement where key achievements centred on cost savings & value for money efficiencies can be demonstrated
- Delivering & implementing strategic commissioning plans; focused on cost reduction & total cost of ownership models.
- Graduate/Post qualification. MBA desirable
- MCIPS would be advantageous
Due to Security Vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this ICT Category Director role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for ICT Category Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Buyer Public Sector £90,000 - £99,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Category Manager Public Sector £90,000 - £99,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Procurement Public Sector £90,000 - £99,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Purchasing Public Sector £90,000 - £99,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)