IT Procurement Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Procurement Manager to focus on and manage the end to end supply chain activities across all IT categories of spend within the Society. The main aim is to identify effective procurement solutions, reduce risk, and deliver value for money with fit for purpose contracts. All of this will be done through a consistent and transparent process. Some other key duties will typically include:
- Undertaking competitive tendering for IT requirements to demonstrate value for money.
- Benchmarking and negotiation of existing 3rd party supply contracts. Ensuring optimum market pricing is achieved, offering solutions where switching to more cost effective providers are required and appropriate.
- Support the IT function with annual budget reporting, building strong stakeholder relationships.
- Define, train and implement new processes enforcing best practice procurement
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to IT senior management and Head of Procurement & SRM as well as advice on procurement strategy aligned to the overall IT strategy.
- Supporting the Procurement function in its top level strategic development plan.
- Coach, guide and mentor other functions regarding best practice procurement
We are looking for someone with extensive experience in IT Procurement, ideally within a Financial Services/ regulated environment. Supplier relationship management is a key aspect of the role – making sure governance is followed, performance is reported and monitored, and continuous improvements on contracts where appropriate. Apart from strong relationship, influencing and analytical skills, you will be or have:
- A proven track record in negotiating contracts up to £5m or above annual value.
- Experience of complex, multi supplier environment covering all IT subcategories (Hardware, Software, IS and Services).
- Experience of a wide range of major IT suppliers, market knowledge, products and pricing models.
- Experience of tender procurement practice and processes.
- Ability to articulate a vision, strategic thinker and also able to deliver and implementation strategies.
- Able to work on own initiative and manage high level of work through to completion.
- Focused on cost reduction and efficiency improvements
- Able to operate under pressure and to meet tight and demanding deadlines
- Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel, Word & PowerPoint- Oracle experience too (desirable)
- MCIPS qualified/ Degree qualified (required)
- MBA or ITIL Foundation (desirable)
At The Coventry we are currently undertaking an exciting journey of growth. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in surroundings where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
Coventry Building Society (CBS) is the UK’s second largest building society and has grown steadily over the previous 10 years. It has a reputation for Putting Members First, with consistently strong customer feedback and industry low numbers of complaints. It is financially strong, with high levels of capital and liquidity.
If you believe you have the right skills, drive & experience and want to make a positive contribution to our continuing success then look no further!