Supply Chain Operations Manager
As Supply Chain Operations Manager EMEA you will manage the processes and resources covering all facets of supply chain management for the EMEA distribution region including, but not limited to: management of 3PL contracts, inbound freight/logistics, warehousing, inventory management and logistics capacity planning. Within our overall ‘Digital First’ strategy this role ensures the provision of best in class supply chain and customer service solutions for FitFlop via its multi-channel routes to market: digital (B2C), direct to consumer (D2C) and wholesale (B2B) channels.
The FitFlop Supply Chain must continually develop and deliver new logistical solutions to both enhance our customers experience and ensure retention. You’ll therefore deliver best in class operational performance for the regional supply chain, working on a cross functional basis with colleagues in sales, customer services, merchandising, finance and IT.
You’ll already have direct,relevant experience managing supply chain solutions for brands or pure-play digital businesses; ideally in a footwear or related, branded general merchandise environment. A detailed understanding of ERP/WMS supply chain systems, structure, transactions and process would be a real advantage as would experience operating a duty deferment account (DAN). This role is a significant one within our Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process, therefore experience in this area is desirable.
We’re all about giving our people the tools to be the best they can be. Because when we’re at our best (happy and healthy) together we have the power to do something amazing and really deliver. Our benefits include private health or dental insurance, pension contribution, 25 days holiday, free pairs & product discounts, FitFlop Feel-Good program (including everything from mindfulness to financial wellbeing) and a full blended learning and development calendar.
We also actively encourage Smarter Working (this is our version of Flexible working). We know everyone works differently and we embrace this – we focus on outputs (not hours!) and believe that flexibility drives engagement. Engagement links directly to performance and we need to be at our peak to be able to achieve our business goals.
- Manage the relationship with the 3PL / carrier to ensure on time delivery of all PO’s to the DC or customer destination
- Liaise with FitFlop Asia Operations team and UK customer service to ensure goods ready dates are achieved from origin
- Daily communication with customer service heads and sales to ensure full and accurate visibility is maintained of inbound product to meet sales orders and forecast demand
- Maintain and publish performance and cost KPI’s
- Carry out freight tenders and rate negotiations as required and monitor shipping cost/pair against the product Cost of Goods provision
- Manage and ensure seamless customs clearance, deal with input queries from freight forwarders, carriers and HM customs
- Manage the duty deferment account; monitor and forecast duty/tax requirements, action payment through our 3PL’s account when necessary
- Ensure import commodity codes are correct and tariff payment is aligned
Warehouse and 3PL relationship management
- Manage the operational relationship whilst maintaining compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards
- Define weekly priorities with warehouse to ensure inbound and outbound orders are processed efficiently for both wholesale and digital channels
- Provide regular order and volume forecast to assist warehouse with resource and capacity planning and where necessary agree provision of additional space or resources
- Liaise with the Merchandising team to ensure forecasted inventory levels can be accommodated
- Communicate any marketing/promotional activity that will impact daily operations
- Carry out customer compliance assessment for new and existing accounts; ensuring cost, KPI and operational requirements are understood by the 3PL and are consistently met
- Own the operational KPI’s for customer service
- Ensure inventory is accurate and challenge/investigate all significant adjustments and losses
- Define and develop inventory ‘health-metrics’ to highlight availability and minimise cost of storage
- Manage the perpetual inventory and year end stock count process
- Manage the carrier selection and booking process for wholesale key accounts (compare quotes, organize booking) at optimal cost
- Ensure shipments meet customers’ compliance requirements (labelling, consignment size)
- Review fulfilment processes for key accounts, advise on best practice
- Manage procurement of web and wholesale packaging / consumables
- Manage relationships and rate negotiation for courier and parcel carriers
- Represent Supply Chain within the S&OP process ensuring sufficient capacity / flexibility exists to meet the sales forecast
- Provide operational cost input to the W&D budgeting process
- Review and authorize all freight and warehousing invoices ensuring that charges are correct and recorded appropriately for finance, query charges when necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of actual operational costs vs Budget
- Carry out regular commercial reviews with Finance and the 3PL; challenge costs where appropriate and identify cost saving opportunities
- Review processes and system integration between the warehouse’s and FF’s systems to address recurring issues relating to stock inventory and visibility.
- Work with IT and B2B teams to support delivery of new drop ship models for wholesale accounts
- Team member of the new EU DC project: advise on new processes, system set up, integration testing, training, etc.
- Input into the development and delivery of a pan-European logistics solution post Brexit
- Identify logistical and process bottlenecks and propose solutions for operational or process improvement, creating a more effective supply chain solution
- Solid experience managing operational solutions for both e-commerce and wholesale channels for brands or pure-play digital businesses, ideally in a footwear or related, branded general merchandise environment
- Knowledge and experience working in different business models across B2B and digital Direct to Consumer (D2C) operations and able to deliver solutions that meet the specific requirements of each
- Ability to collaborate across functions as well as outside of the company – you must be a tactical thinker with confidence and speed in solution execution
- System knowledge across both ERP, WMS and customer EDI integration
- Degree in Supply Chain or Operational Planning would be an advantage
- High levels of energy, drive and organizational ability
- Competent in MS Office with advanced excel skills and confidence in handling data
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Advanced analytical and negotiation skills are required