Supply Chain Planner - Food/FMCG
My client is a leading food manufacturing organisation based in Tyne & Wear, specialising in speciality snack foods for the consumer market. Having experienced highly impressive organic growth through on-going excellence in performance, my client seeks a Supply Chain Planner to play an integral role in their continued development against ambitious growth plans.
Reporting to the Operations Director , the Supply Chain Planner will work effectively alongside the Supply Chain Coordinator, Warehouse Manager and Finished Goods Controller in providing an effective supply chain solution for my client. With a focus on planning, the main responsibilities of the role include:
- Sales and Operational Planning:
>Review and create 6 and 3-month capacity plan vs sales forecast
>Review and create 12 and 4-week supply chain plan
- Complete the weekly production plan for all production lines
>Line availability- efficiency, changeover plans
- Monitor and amend the plan on a daily basis vs run rate and order management
- Analyse the production plan and ensure we have the materials to achieve the weekly plan.
- Understand & Communicate all potential constraints
- Analyse the forward sales plan and ensure material planning is aligned.
- Develop the MRP model.
- Coordinate and drive the weekly planning meeting.
- Work closely with Warehouse/Supply Chain, understanding and challenging stock accuracy.
- Drive continuous improvement on all aspects of the role.
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess demonstrable production planning expertise and experience ideally gained in the food manufacturing sector, candidates with experience gained in high-volume FMCG will also be considered. You will ideally be educated to HNC level as a minimum in a related discipline and are seeking a career with development opportunities.
Key selection criteria includes:
- Demonstrable experience in production planning
- Experience gained in a fast-moving, reactive and adaptive environment
- Strong Analytical skills
- Data focused
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills
- Strong Communication / Negotiation / Problem Solving skills
- WMS experience - beneficial
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has enjoyed enviable phenomenal growth in their relatively short life span. With further ambitious growth plans and the opening of their second operational site, this is the ideal time to join my client and play an integral role in their growth and future as a business.