Transport Operations manager
Robertson Recruitment are representing a prestigious Logistics and Distribution client based in Warrington who are looking to recruit a Transport Operations Manager to help further delivery of a safe, legally compliant and cost-efficient transport operation. The ideal transport operations manager will have managerial experience across 3PL's with a background in dealing with large fleets and commercial responsibility including budgets, transport systems and processes. You will hold the overall accountability for the operator's licence in the hub transport operation and be an advocate of continuous improvement, and team development with a full CPC national and/or International certification.
This role will suit a senior transport professional who is experienced in operational logistics and transport governance working in a pressurised yet efficient environment.
In return the company will pay a competitive basic salary up to £56k depending on experience, company car, private medical, pension plus benefits with opportunities to grow a career across a multi-site business.
- Overall performance of transport department
- Accountability of operator's Licence
- Manage a fleet of over 100 vehicles and trailers, directly manage a team of 20 and indirectly a team of a 100+
- Client management and development
- Manage a policy of continuous improvement
- Effective cross department communication to drive efficiencies
- Setting and managing achievement of KPI's
- Site H&S compliance
- Senior management experience within a logistics and transport operation
- CPC International and or national
- Expert knowledge of transport operations including all compliance and legal responsibility
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of transport legislation compliance and the legal compliance for fleet and drivers
- Exposure to recruiting teams of drivers and operational staff up to management
- Track record of client management and development including face to face meetings
- Comprehensive knowledge of major retail supply chain requirements
- Strong people management skills
- Fleet management experience beneficial
- Salary up to £56k basic
- Company Car
- Good pension scheme
- Bonus scheme.
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Opportunities across a multi-site operation
- Award winning company
This is a rare opportunity to join a highly successful and ever expanding company with large growth plans. Immediate interviews and starts for suitable candidates.
*** Transport Operations Manager , Senior Transport Manager , Logistics Manager , Budget , commercial , logistics , CPC National , CPC International , load planning , route planning , driver compliance , vehicle compliance , fleet management , H&S , Health & Safety , legal compliance, Manchester, Liverpool, St Helens, Wigan, Bolton, Stockport, Warrington ***