Finance Operations Manager
iMultiply are delighted to be supporting with the appointment of a permanent Finance Operations Manager based in West Lothian paying a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
This leading and international business are renowned for setting and exceeding standards in relation to industrial processes, procedures and lean techniques. It’s a business that is showing no signs of slowing down with Brexit due to its diversity of products, markets and geographical spread, furthermore it has completed several impressive acquisitions within the last 24 months. The business has invested heavily in talent, equipment, machinery and facilities to make West Lothian a flagship site across the UK and Europe.
The position of Finance Operations Manager will report to the European Finance Director but with a dotted line to the Operations Director and will solely be responsible for finance & operations of the West Lothian site but with constant interaction with other sites across the UK and Europe. The ability to business partner with non-financial stakeholders across operations is absolutely essential so the business is keen to attract an individual from an industrial background such as engineering, manufacturing, FMCG or Oil & Gas.
The role of Finance Operations Manager will offer a highly competitive package as listed below, furthermore this is a business that is built upon the foundations of its talented workforce, so career progression and development opportunities are highly likely to arise - the opportunity to become an Operations Financial Controller is highly achievable within the next few years.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Generous pension contributions
- Generous holiday allowance
- Other company benefits
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to the European Finance Director with a dotted line to the Operations Director
- Production and presentation of monthly management accounts
- Ability to business partner with Heads of Departments including non-financial stakeholders such as operations, HR, production, IT etc.
- Variance analysis with ability to understand and challenge variances
- Budget setting and monitoring
- Short, medium and long-term forecasting and performance analysis
- Operation and production analysis - labour, margins, standard costs, price setting etc.
- Reviewing of existing commercial contracts, contract renewals and new contract proposals
- Liaising with group for audits, VAT and statutory & taxation returns
- Assisting with financial systems developments and upgrades
- Project management
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant - part qualified, finalist or qualified by experience will be considered with relevant practical experience
- Industrial sector experience is essential - engineering, manufacturing, FMCG, oil & gas
- Ability to engage, interact and influence with stakeholders across various departments - operations, production, IT, HR etc.
- Exposure to ERP systems and advanced user of Excel
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson for a private confidential discussion regarding this excellent opportunity.