Group Purchasing Manager
Group Purchasing Manager
Competitive Remuneration Package
Our client is a long-established, family owned, business specialising in the wholesale supply of specified technical products, mainly to trade buyers. Operating from a branch network across the UK, the company has a turnover of £50m and has doubled in size over the last five years. It is very profitable, and growth orientated. It offers an extensive product range which is sourced from the UK and Global suppliers. The business has a brand new 200,000 square foot Distribution Centre based in the Central Midlands from which it supplies its branch network and some customers direct. It is in a strong position and looking forward to expansion not just in terms of overall size but in the range of the markets it serves.
The firm now needs to recruit a Group Purchasing Manager, based at the Distribution Centre, to play a key role in further developing and improving both the purchasing and supply chain functions. The business is seeking a commercial orientated person for whom the opportunities for career advancement are very positive.
- Reporting to the Operations Director and working as part of the key leadership team with responsibility for developing, agreeing and maintaining purchasing and supply chain strategies to meet the company’s objectives and achieve the optimum efficiency of the purchasing function.
- Development of an appropriate inventory model which avoids zero stock issues, reflects changing sales footprint and drives on-going improvements in product supply and availability.
- Continuously monitoring and improving supplier performance for price, quality and timely delivery - taking appropriate action to ensure compliance to company needs and targets.
- Organise and co-ordinate the activities of all purchasing personnel at group and branch level providing support, structure and development.
- Commercially driven and successful purchasing professional with experience gained in an entrepreneurial, service-led business, ideally in the manufacturing, engineering or wholesale / distribution supply sectors.
- Possessing the ability to work within a dynamic, volatile and highly competitive market and able to conceptualise and work on own initiative to get things done.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, able to influence at all levels both with internal partners and external suppliers.
- Results focused, self-starter with demonstrable experience of developing and implementing a detailed strategic purchasing plan delivering significant improvements across all facets of purchasing and supply chain.
More searches like this
- Category Manager Transport & Distribution £90,000 - £99,999 Full Time jobs in Nottinghamshire
- Demand Planner Transport & Distribution £90,000 - £99,999 Full Time jobs in Nottinghamshire
- Procurement Transport & Distribution £90,000 - £99,999 Full Time jobs in Nottinghamshire
- Purchasing Transport & Distribution £90,000 - £99,999 Full Time jobs in Nottinghamshire