Buyer - Direct Purchasing
BUYER - DIRECT PURCHASING
Nissan has one of the most comprehensive European presences of any overseas manufacturer, employing more than 17,000 staff across locally-based Design, Research & Development, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing and Sales & Marketing operations. Total production in the UK alone is now over 9 million vehicles including award-winning crossovers, commercial vehicles and the Nissan LEAF, the world’s most popular electric vehicle.
We are an ambitious organisation, and we are looking for equally ambitious and innovative Buyers to join our dynamic Purchasing team. Nissan is positioned to become the most desirable Asian brand in Europe, and we need your help to get there.
We have positions in Nissan Technical Centre Europe, Cranfield which is the head office for Nissan’s Research & Development operations in Europe, working closely with the Design Engineering teams to source and manage cost-reduction activity for new and existing models.
We have positions in Nissan Technical Centre Europe, Cranfield across Line Parts Purchasing. You may be responsible for:
- Benchmarking of Nissan and competitor vehicles to generate opportunities to enhance the brand and reduce cost
- Liason with global Alliance entities
- Supporting vehicles manufactured in Europe including Qashqai, Juke, LEAF, Micra and LCVs
- Project management
- Negotiation of costs (parts of tools)
- Identifying and delivering opportunities to reduce cost
The following experience is essential to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant experience
- Experience in a Buyer role with exposure to supplier management and cost reduction activities, preferably within a manufacturing organisation
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- You must have a driving licence and be prepared for both local and international travel
So, what’s in it for you? We’re looking for people who want to build a solid career with us. Nissan has invested heavily in the UK with the production of the new Qashqai and LEAF taking place in Sunderland so we are here to stay; and we’re hoping you will join us for the ride. We offer competitive salaries dependent on the experience you bring, along with a host of other benefits. What’s more, we think you’ll like working with us because of our valued culture. We pride ourselves on being a transparent, cross-cultural and high-reaching business.
All of us at Nissan - regardless of functional area or expertise - share a passion to design, manufacture and sell high-performance, fun to drive vehicles. Nissan is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all. Applicants will be considered for all positions regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
More searches like this
- Buyer Manufacturing £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Category Manager Manufacturing £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Demand Planner Manufacturing £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Procurement Manufacturing £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Purchasing Manufacturing £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Greater)