- Full Time
An FMCG manufacturing business require a Buyer. Applicants need experience within an operational, MRP/ERP driven purchasing, supply chain or logistics role, and be comfortable with supplier liaison.
Working as part of a progressive procurement team, the Buyer will be responsible for managing the purchase order process in SAP and driving improved performance from suppliers. Building effective relationships with the supply chain to achieve; cost effective, sustainable and OTIF supply of materials, will be the main focus of the role. A development opportunity, the Buyer will have chance to support projects inside and outside of the procurement function, in conjunction with stakeholders.
Specific duties of the Buyer include:
- Placing, chasing and expediting purchase orders in accordance with SAP
- Record and monitor stock levels in SAP
- Understand manufacturing stakeholder requirements in regards to material supply
- Monitor and drive supply chain performance through KPIs and OTIF metrics
- Escalation of supplier issues to procurement colleagues
- Support procurement team in achievement of cost reduction and cost avoidance goals
Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience as a Junior Buyer, or in purchasing, supply chain, material control or logistics
- Experience in the use of an MRP, ERP system, ideally SAP or strong MS Excel skills
- Experience within an FMCG manufacturing, manufacturing or engineering business
- Ambition to grow and develop a career within procurement & supply chain
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.