Accounts - Deputy Manager - Shipping
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Deputy Manager based stunning offices in the heart of the City, close to Barbican and Moorgate. The role is to assist in managing daily operations, staff and improving financial processes.
We are looking for someone analytical, dynamic and someone who can work efficiently under strict deadlines. Must be ACCA or ACA full qualified.
You will be assisting the manager and managing the accounts team, so we are considering candidates with at least 3 years team leadership/staff management experience.
- Assist Manager to manage and oversee accounting department daily operations:
- Coordinate and review the work plan for assigned accounting functions and activities, assign work activities and projects, monitor work flow, review and evaluate work processes, methods and
- Review and approve a variety of journals entries and accounting Review accounts after ledgers closed on monthly basis.
- Check cash disbursements, review cheques, bank transfers before submitting for authorisation.
- Prepare monthly management report and variance
- Assist in preparing annual
- Ensure accounting activities comply with related regulations, ensure timely filing of various reports, VAT returns and related items. Ensure work is performed accurately and that deadlines are
- Perform various reconciliations and analyses as
- Review and prepare statutory accounts as well group reporting
- Support annual audit by providing information and answers to
- Coordinate the company, staffing, and operational activities for assigned accounting activities and
- Assist in implementing goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned areas of
- Identify opportunities for improving process, method and procedures, identify resource needs, review with Manager/FD and implement
- Train and motivate assigned accounting personnel
- Communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and coaching, advising, developing, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, procedures and objectives.
- Assist in conducting staff appraisal
This wonderful opportunity is initially a 6 month fixed term contract paying a salary of £38-40k plus some excellent benefits. For the right candidate who proves themselves could become a permanent position