Title: Operations Director
Salary: to £90,000 Plus Car and Benefits Package
Our client is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies based in Glasgow.
Currently undergoing rapid change and development, they now require an Operations Director to drive the performance and operational effectiveness. You will create a culture of continuous improvement in operations, safety, performance and compliance, ensuring no compromise is made with regards to health, safety and environment.
- Accountable for the long-term delivery of all Operational and Maintenance activities, team performance and development, setting budgets, plant optimisation and continuous improvement.
- Ensure the plant remains, fully compliant with statutory, regulatory, legislative, contract and corporate requirements
- Direct management of waste supply and disposal contracts and the effective implementation of facility Pollution Prevention and Control Permit (PPC).
- The effective implementation of facility Health & Safety Plan, Environmental Management Plan and Quality Manual in line with associated accreditations (ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001 etc.).
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must possess significant operational / engineering experience
- Exceptionally strong leader of multiple teams, ideally inherited.
- Previous experience in managing contracts
- Does not necessarily have to be technically sound in EfW but having managed a large / complex process plant in heavy manufacturing is essential
- A proven background in driving business objectives and delivering results through people and continuous improvement
- Exceptionally strong interpersonally. Stakeholder management is key.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- Full driving license
Please apply with a copy of your CV stating reference DC2552.
All suitable candidates will be contacted within 21 days.