Warehouse Manager 1500-2400 shift
We are recruiting for a Warehouse Manager to play a crucial role in our client's business, ensuring the Distribution arm of their business runs efficiently. After a recent restructure of the business, we are recruiting for a candidtae on a fixed back shift. (1500-2400; Sunday-Thursday) As with most roles of this nature, their may be the need for extra overtime as and when. The company culture belives in a work life balance, so they're flexible to each indidividual. They are champions hard work and supporting each other in the work place. They are responsible for inspiring and developing their teams to deliver an outstanding working environment.
The Ins And Outs
In a nutshell, your job will be to lead a team of colleagues in making sure that every area of the operation runs like clockwork. It'll mean empowering and enabling your team to continuously improve the way they work, and you'll inspire and motivate by keeping track of their training needs and showing them what they can expect in return for their hard work. You will be a role model, someone to lean on and an individual who is well versed in Warehouse Operations.
- Take full responsibility for the department
- Manage colleagues' work and coach them to deliver great team performance
- Deliver regular feedback and support sessions
- Identify opportunities to streamline both the operations and it's processes
- Make a point of celebrating and rewarding their hard work
- Inspire colleagues to solve problems on their own initiative
- Be accountable for the warehouse KPI's and performance on shift including all people activity (discipline & grievance, attendance etc)
- To communicate daily shift performance to colleagues, peers and Senior Team
- Direct and coach peers and colleagues to deliver and maintain the Distribution charter
- Plan, do and review process - feedback and continuous improvement
- Engage with the teams to continually improve engagement
What You'll Need
- The ability to operate at a management level and potentially beyond the role
- Atleast 10 years warehouse management experience
- Role model the values and demonstrate strong management behaviours
- Have the ability to manage difficult situations and be able to demonstrate where this has been undertaken
- Be highly organised, ambitious and self-motivated
- Be focused on delivering results and celebrating team wins
- Have a strong will to win, evidenced by a track record of KPI achievement
The recruitment process for this role will be based around the fundamental techncial pre requisites, but we are also looking for the right culture match for our client. Please do not hesitate to apply if you're unsure about some the finer details.