Air Exports Coordinator
Req ID: 159823
Job Function: Air Freight
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Level: Professional
Department: Air Exports
Office Location: Aberdeen
The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and employs around 14,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire an Air Exports Coordinator to provide and ensure operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
* Ad-hoc quotes.
* Communication with Customers and Destination Houses.
* Communication with Destination Houses.
* Comply with Export Controls & Sanctions, and Country Requirements.
* Comply with Sub-Contractor Management and Core-Carrier Policies.
* Document Receipt and Verification.
* Ensure timely handover to Document Processing.
* Follow Operational Processes, as per Integrated Management System (IMS).
* Handle Cross-Trade Shipments.
* Implementation of M&S SOP’s.
* Initiate Irregularity Handling Reports, as required.
* Interface with Customer Services, Warehouse, Finance & Accounting, and Management.
* Liaise with Carriers and Hauliers, as required.
* Manual update of Job Costing.
* Update Tracking systems
* Vendor/Commodity Management
* Commercial experience
* Customer focused
* Ability to follow processes carefully
* Functional knowledge of Ocean Exports preferable but not essential
* Strong administration skills
* Process oriented
* Focus on output
* Strong computer skills on Microsoft Office
* The ability to adapt to in-house operating systems
* Able to solve problems
* Able to work independently as well as part of a team
* Advanced level or fluent in local language (spoken and written)
Specifics for Job
* Given immigration restrictions in the UK/IE, work permits for this position for non EU nationals are unlikely to be granted. In the circumstances, non EU nationals who do not already have the right to work in the UK should ensure that they will be granted such a permit before applying.