Sales Manager - Car Deal Warehouse Superstore Newbridge
49 hours Edinburgh Full Time Apply Now
Are you an experienced Senior Sales Executive or Used Sales Manager working in the Motor Trade and looking for a new career opportunity?
Car Deal Warehouse Superstore - Newbridge
Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum DOE + Bonus + Company Car
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and training.
- Establish and maintain a climate of total customer care.
- Carry out research to determine the departments present and future market and re-direct activities and plans accordingly
- Create, agree and implement sales merchandising, advertising and promotion plans in consultation with Directors, General Manager, Marketing Department and Manufacturers.
- Ensure the efficient and timely operation of all administration systems and operating procedures
- Be familiar with the company’s standing orders and conditions of employment.
- To ensure the total security of the building and articles in the department under your control
- To purchase used vehicles for retail sale within stock limits, in conjunction with GM
- To hold staff briefings on a regular basis and a written record kept in minute form
- Maintain control over expenses and overheads
- Liaise with GM on the preparation of the following year’s performance plans and monitor performance against plan on a monthly basis.
- Manage staff in relation to engagement, teamwork, job descriptions, rotas, appraisals, paperwork, training and health & safety
- Engagement/Dismissal of Staff within salaries budget, recommend engagement/dismissal to General Manager.
- Authorising of sales order invoices; ensuring invoicing procedures are followed and full payment is received prior to delivery unless agreement is received from a Director.
- No authority to enter into any legal or binding contracts without consulting with General Manager
- To ensure that all stock is maintained to a high standard and is regularly inspected and recorded.
- Ensure prospecting and follow up system is fully operational in every respect.
- Responsible for Department Operating profit, car volume, vehicle debtors, vehicle stock limited, CSI, housekeeping, vehicle documentation
- To ensure that FSA Regulations are adhered to at all times attending FSA training sessions/workshops/seminars; achieve the appropriate compliance level set and maintain this level of competence every 12 months.
- Assistance with any other task as directed
- Must have previous experience in a similar role within the automotive industry
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Financial Awareness
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- People Management
- Change orientation, strategic vision and continuous improvement
- Proactive / Creative
- Leads by example
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Potential discounts with 1600 retailers
- Access to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave
- Training/Career development
- Family day out passes