Do you have Commercial experience gained in a high value, complex Procurement environment with track record of identifying & delivering best outcomes & cost savings across indirect spend? If so, this could be the career move you have been looking for.
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a commercial Category Managers to create, develop, communicate, negotiate and implement innovative procurement strategies, to deliver year-on-year cashable savings and efficiencies. You will have the leadership and interpersonal skills and experience to work confidently with stakeholders to overcome challenges and bring them towards a common goal. You will also deliver complex Category Strategies using best practice Category Management tools and techniques to ensure successful implementation.
- Demonstrable track record in the procurement and implementation of high value, high impact added value contribution.
- Several years’ experience of complex, dynamic environments with high levels of ambiguity and impact/risk.
- Recent experience in a modern procurement environment within a large, complex commercially driven organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading and managing change projects that cross functional and business boundaries incorporating a diverse range of relevant products and services.
- Significant experience of influencing from a strategic perspective, whilst implementing effective procurement management and compliance structures.
- Political sensitivity and high-level influencing and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish quickly credibility with senior stakeholders.
- Evidence of success in building relationships across organisational, professional and operational boundaries.
- Demonstrable experience of working on and leading collaborative procurement projects within a complex, multi-stakeholder and legislative operating environment.
- Experience of working with key suppliers, such as outsource partners, including performance development to meet business needs.
- Commercially astute with proven track record of delivering cost savings and added value.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships to deliver change.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of EU procurement legislation and contract law.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Degree or equivalent level qualification
- CIPS professional level
- Due to Security Vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Buyer Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Category Manager Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Procurement Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Purchasing Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in London (Central)