Director - Global Supplier Relationships
Director of Supplier Relationships opportunity, with a World Leading Pharmaceutical Distribution Company. You will contribute to leveraging the enormous buying power of the company, to optimize spend across all the company’s business units. This is a critical role, in a renowned global company whose ethos is to fully reward all employees, for the important work they do.
As Director of Global Generic Supplier Relationships, you will act as the day to day interface between the Global Procurement Team and its strategic global generic supplier partners. The role involves managing multiple accounts to support with the development and implementation of strategic plans and ensure contractual commitments are met. This role will be responsible for managing the day to day activities with the organization’s global supplier partners. Working cross-functionally across the international business units, the position will ensure initiatives by business unit are implemented and look to identify opportunities for ongoing development that meet both the needs of local business units as well as the supplier partners.
You will be managing the account planning cycle and activities to ensure the assigned suppliers needs and expectations are met and align to our internal priorities and business goals. You will need strong client management, negotiation, systems thinking, interpersonal and relationship management skills, as well as problem-solving and the ability to identify opportunities.
Importantly the role will ensure delivery of the revenue goals related to each strategic partner, lead contract renewals as well as continuously identify opportunities to identify new opportunities to generate value for the business.
Director Global Supplier Relationships Key Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day interactions and activities with assigned global generic suppliers
- In collaboration with the VP, Global Procurement oversee the annual global strategic joint planning process that develops mutual performance and growth objectives, financial targets and critical milestones for the duration of the strategic partnership agreement
- Develop a deep understanding of the supplier partners strategies and gain a detailed insight into the markets in which they operate in order to align strategies with business unit long term goals
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel across multiple business units to meet the account performance objectives and supplier expectations
- Coordinate activities to exceed assigned targets for growth and deliver on the strategic objectives set for all assigned accounts
- Work with the global procurement teams and business units to proactively assess, clarify and validate supplier needs, challenges, risks and opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Facilitate solution development efforts that address supplier wants/needs and meet the organizations growth ambitions
- Build an internal network of key contacts across multiple functions and business units to support with the development and delivery of strategic supplier projects
- Work with the procurement leaders and data analytics team to ensure the organization develop and maintain a suite of supplier value-adding KPIs and manage the quarterly dashboard process
- Coordinate all quarterly and annual supplier business reviews, and any ad-hoc meetings with suppliers and internal stakeholders
Director Global Generic Supplier Relationships Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in supplier and/or customer relationship management
- Significant years’ work experience ideally within the Pharmaceutical industry in a key account management, commercial or business development role
- Clear entrepreneurial mind set
- Evidence of navigating large complex environments
- Excellent stakeholder management capabilities
- Fact based, clear, logical communication skills with a track record of success in developing relationships
- Knowledge of customer/supplier account management practices and procedures
- Excellent project management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, presentation, written and interpersonal skills
- Educated to degree level
- MBA preferred but not essential
- Flexible for global travel
Beaumont Select is a leading Supply Chain & Purchasing Recruitment Agency for permanent and interim staffing solutions. We support a primarily blue-chip client base, in the provision of experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Professionals; successfully resolving their Purchasing Recruitment demands. We have a proven track record in purchasing recruitment and are a leading purchasing recruitment agency. Complying with the BERR Beaumont Select are an Employment