Procurement Manager – Health & Social Care
Experienced public sector Procurement Manager required by our client with proven Health & Social Care strategic sourcing & category management expertise to take full ownership of the H&SC strategy and deliver best value service plans.
As Procurement Manager, you will:
- Provide leadership in the delivery of strategic sourcing and programme development across our client’s the Health & Social Care (H&SC) landscape.
- Provide robust challenge, identify and deliver smart sourcing solutions that as a minimum, meet H&SC client expectations, savings target objectives and contractual service commitments;
- Lead and deliver robust spend analysis, sourcing project prioritisation, strategic sourcing solutions and the development of service delivery plans;
- Take sole ownership of the full procurement lifecycle by leading on the development of sourcing plans, compliant tender documentation and overseeing tender evaluation through to contract award, in as efficient a timescale as possible;
- Deliver evidence based savings of at least 10% on all sole ownership projects from sourcing activities and/or contract management reviews/re-negotiations;
- Develop in depth market knowledge through internal / external research and analysis apply this to smart sourcing/savings opportunities;
- Take ownership of timely reporting and sign off, communications and liaison with colleagues and clients.
- Provide enhanced and accelerated sourcing programme planning, execution and delivery on all H&SC projects;
- Deliver high quality and considered H&SC sourcing plans in a timely manner;
- Take ownership & leadership of all sourcing and contract savings activities within your assigned remit;
- Lead in the identification and delivery of the savings programme and associated targets;
- Proactively manage H&SC forward planning and pipeline activities to avoid resourcing and capacity issues;
- Identify and drive smart sourcing opportunities and outcomes for each and every procurement project;
Requirements of the Procurement Manager include:
- Proactive Health & Social Care stakeholder engagement; develop and manage close and sustainable relationships with internal clients and external stakeholders across all savings delivery projects;
- Extensive experience of category management, driving sourcing strategy and delivering savings initiatives in complex and challenging environments;
- Must demonstrate the ability to deliver high performance outputs i.e. strategic and tactical savings and service improvements in time critical scenarios;
- Procurement, legislative and subject matter expertise;
- Must demonstrate and possess Trusted Adviser and strong influencing skills;
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise;
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.