Customs Manager - Full Time - Wimbledon, South West London
We are looking for a Customs Operations Manager to join our growing Customs department! Customs processes are an increasingly challenging part of our business and we are looking for an experienced and capable person to join of our Customs management team.
Your role will be to ensure the effective operation of our Customs function, establishing and refining business processes, building relations with various partners and stakeholders and manage a fast-growing team of Administrators. This will be a fast paced, dynamic position where you’ll need to take a pragmatic approach to solving problems to ensure our imported products get on to the shelf in Lidl stores all around the country.
What will you do?
- Managing and guiding the day to day activities of the Customs Administration team
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders (including buying and finance), and externally with suppliers
- Undertaking continuous analysis of the regulatory environment, with particular regard to trade tariffs/duties and trade restrictions/requirements, and communicating them in a clear and concise way to other departments within the company
- Managing the liaison between regulatory bodies, trade partners and relevant internal departments
- Planning and managing multiple complex projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Understanding the objectives and the impact of projects on the business and driving solutions to business critical issues
- Escalating key issues to leadership proactively and in a timely manner
- Developing, implementing, and optimising departmental strategy, processes, systems, policies and standards
- Support the Head of department and current Customs Manager in building an in-house function for customs declaration and audit, including supporting recruitment and training of staff
- Providing regular status update reports to Board level Directors
What will you need?
- Knowledge of import processes from third countries, in particular you will need a clear understanding of the variety of documentation needed to import food and non-food items
- Powerful influencing and communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with employees across all levels of the business
- Strong project management skills to be able to work collaboratively with a range of business departments to complete a project successfully
- In depth knowledge and experience in Customs and Excise regulations
- Process focused with attention to detail
- Ability to deal with a broad range of UK and International customs and Excise issues
- Comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders and suppliers at all levels
- Previous management experience including recruiting and developing a team
- Ability to understand and present complex issues clearly and concisely
- Solid presentation skills
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- German language skills are highly beneficial
More searches like this
- Demand Planner Retail £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Import & Export Retail £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Inventory Manager Retail £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Logistics Retail £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Operations Retail £50,000 - £59,999 Full Time jobs in Surrey