Procurement Business Partner
Procurement Business Partner - CAPEX & Construction (EPC) - £70000 - £85K
Our client is a Major Global Utilities organisation undergoing significant growth - as a result, they are seeking an experienced and high-profile Procurement professional, who has strong experience of designing and developing global Procurement Strategy for complex, high value CAPEX & Construction (EPC) projects
This is a newly created role where the jobholder will act in a Procurement Business Partner capacity - operating as the key interface between Procurement and the Stakeholder community. In turn the, the jobholder will define Global Procurement Strategy for complex, high value CAPEX & Construction (EPC) projects ensuring the stakeholder community are bought into the commercial solution. Furthermore, the jobholder will operate in a Project Management capacity, co-ordinating the execution and associated mobilisation of the Procurement programme
Therefore, key responsibilities will be:
- Work closely with stakeholders Work closely with C-Suite stakeholders, including Engineering Product Owners to roll out Procurement strategy and to ensure appropriate implementation and execution throughout the business
- Take ownership of end to end Procurement projects - managing stakeholder expectations and ensuring timely execution of sourcing activities in line with pre-agreed project plan
- Manage budgets to leverage key savings throughout the EPC contracts Change management programme.
- Proven experience in the design and development of Procurement Strategy for complex, high value CAPEX & Construction (EPC) projects
- Core procurement skills complimented with strong technical expertise - ideally in the field of Oil & Gas, Utilities, Construction or FMCG industries
- Have proven experience of truly leading change programmes - not someone who will simply 'follow' engineering recommendation but take ownership of leading changes up to implementation.
- You will ideally have a background from within Petrochemical Industry, Industrial Gases or Construction Industry and have a passion for procurement.
- Strong negotiation skills understanding negotiation leverages which will bring about cost savings and commercial benefit
- Proven stakeholder engagement ability of C Suite management team, along with purchasing, and engineering
- Ability to work on an international basis (one to two trips per quarter)
- Graduate with Chemical Engineering preferred