Chief Accountant - City of London - Shipping Industry
We are currently recruiting on behalf of an international shipping business within the Energy sector.
They are looking to recruit a Chief Accountant to work in their Corporate Services division, which provides accounting and operational services to the Group.
Purpose of the Role:
The role of Chief Accountant is a key hire for the accounting function which deals with a high volume of reporting from diverse locations around the world, working to strict timetables to facilitate the provision of critical information to top management in the Group.
- Manages the organisation, preparation and co-ordination of all financial reporting and is required to provide leadership to the accounting team and to monitor their performance.
- Responsible for the quarterly group and sub-group consolidations.
- Responsible for the preparation of the quarterly management reports.
- Responsible for compliance of the financial reporting function with company controls and procedures.
- Assisting with the preparation and review of quarterly earnings releases and accompanying presentations.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual Form 20-F filed with the SEC.
- Participates in all local statutory accounting and tax reporting of the UK subsidiary and others as required from time to time.
- Participation in the preparation of non-routine SEC reporting.
- Management and co-ordination of the external audit process and associated liaison with auditors and legal counsel.
- Participation in M&A projects including the preparation of any resulting SEC filings.
- Participation in ongoing compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Research and resolution of US GAAP accounting issues.
- Managing and developing a team of 5 accountants.
- A recognized professional accounting qualification and a minimum of 4 years’ post qualification experience.
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting.
- Experience of complex consolidations
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Understanding of commercial drivers on the business and their financial impact
- Self-starter committed to delivering on time
- Ability to build strong working relationships across an international group
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel.
- Knowledge of the shipping industry beneficial but not essential.
If this challenging and exciting opportunity sounds of interest to you, and you have the skills and experience required, then please apply now.