Global Event Operations Manager
Global Event Operations Manager (Maternity Cover - 12 months FTC)
City of London
Are you looking for a fast paced and exciting event management role within a brilliant company?
The company are a leading professional membership association who produce an impressive portfolio of international award winning events. As a Global Event Operations Manager you will be heading up a team of 3 and as a team will be managing the logistics of 40 events a year to include conferences, summits, breakfast briefings, exhibitions,dinners and inclusion events. You will have the opportunity to travel to the Middle East, Africa and Asia and lead your team to deliver and manage exceptional quality, profitable, successful events.
- Producing and managing P&L accounts for each individual event to ensure tight cost control and excellent value for money, reviewing profitability of events and flagging concerns as necessary.
- Consider creative ways in which to roll out the team's best practice and have a holistic approach to events
- Take a strategic overview of the events team procedures, looking for most efficient systems - regularly collaborating with the wider events team to review and streamline all event processes
- Strategic input to monthly events finance meetings and contribution to budget and re-forecasting
- Working closely with production, marketing and sponsorship teams to ensure all efforts come together collaboratively to produce fantastic events.
- Liaising with venues on facilities, catering and AV requirements and building relationships with suppliers.
- Line management of staff which supports and develops, whilst getting best performance
- Working on site at the events, working with other members of the wider events team for best delivery
- You will have proven Management experience
- Your solid b2b event management will ensure you can effectively deliver brilliant, profitable events.
- Your excellent interpersonal skills will enable you to liaise well with venues, suppliers, sponsors and speakers, as well as work well within a close knit team.
- Your drive for a fast paced environment and motivation to do well will enable you to efficiently complete all tasks that bring the event together.
- Financial responsibility for complex events (multiple sponsors, exhibition, 500+ delegates)
If you're looking for a fast paced event management role within a close knit team and highly successful business hit apply now!