Road Freight Operator
ROAD FREIGHT OPERATOR - IMPORTS & EXPORTS
£20,000 to £23,000 - Depending on experience
We have a new opportunity for a ROAD FREIGHT OPERATOR to join a Freight Forwarding & Logistics organisation, arranging the IMPORT and EXPORT of Freight for the UK and Europe.
The successful candidate for the role of ROAD FREIGHT OPERATOR will ideally have gained experience of working in Freight Forwarding and arranging international Import and Export Roadfreight shipments for Groupage Freight, Full Load and Part Load Freight.
Duties will be to:
- Take bookings and liaise with customers and suppliers, overseas agents and network partners, European hauliers etc,
- Obtain rates and negotiate transport cost,
- Arrange collections and deliveries,
- Plan routes and loads for European Imports and Exports, and UK domestic transport
- Complete all Freight administration,
- Customer Service and keep all parties updated regarding ETA’s and responding to Roadfreight enquiries.
Experience of working in European Roadfreight operations, planning own transport and utilising 3rd party hauliers is an advantage though not essential for this role. A 2nd European language would be an advantage also.