Head of Contract Solutions - Construction
Unique & challenging opportunity for highly experienced Contract Management executive with Construction expertise to head new commercial Contract Solutions team for our leading Utilities client – lead major contract negotiations & handle complex disputes.
As the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers and are investing £billions to improve their network and infrastructure, which are some of the biggest and most advanced in Europe. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market - the biggest change since privatisation. With significant projects in the pipeline our client requires a highly skilled executive level Contract Solutions expert to deliver across all areas of the business from Operations, Customer Experience, Construction Delivery, Digital and major service provision.
As an expert in contracting and issue resolution, this role will also be accountable for ownership of their suite of contract forms and their development for use across the organisation incorporating latest thinking and best practice.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of significant contract arrangements with key suppliers across the business to facilitate development and commercial improvement of £500m - £2bn spend projects.
- Formulation of contract and resolution strategies across business in line with core business plan and wider company philosophies
- Lead major negotiations on behalf of the Company with contracting parties or relevant third parties
- Provide senior level advice and education to avoid, mitigate and resolve emerging and established issues and disputes
- Develop and maintain industry best practice procedures to protect the Company’s interests
- Lead and guide and team of Contract specialists
- Proven major construction contract arrangement / major projects experience. (To include knowledge of NEC, IChemE, FIDIC, JCT)
- Ideally degree educated with CIARB, MBA or postgraduate legal qualification (e.g. Masters in Construction law)
- Extensive negotiation and post-contract dispute resolution and avoidance experience
- Strong stakeholder management and internal governance management skills
- Procurement procedures and law awareness – interface with post contract arrangements, especially if from an OJEU perspective
- Demonstratable people management and leadership experience
- Tenacity, resilience, confidence and emotional intelligence with a clear focus on commercial outcomes and relationship management.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.