A Fortune 500 business with customer centric approach and reputation spanning more than 120 years. A company in an exciting phase of growth, working to further improve and refine their specialist expertise and offering.
As Procurement Specialist your role will be pivotal to contributing to the on-going strategic objectives of the team, working closely with key stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective procurement delivery. Your role goes beyond tactical buying, and involves establishing and maintaining long-standing, key business relationships.
So, if you are looking for a new challenge, and you’re interested in joining an agile business who are developing new ways of working, please read on.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent procurement processes (RFI’s & RFP’s) are undertaken to appoint suppliers that provide optimum value and quality
- Support Procurement team with contract reviews, supplier negotiations and supplier performance management
- Identifying commercial opportunities and lead the process of strategic and tactical sourcing execution & implementation to ensure delivery of stakeholder requirements and procurement targets
- Manage and mitigate commercial and contractual risk
- Develop and maintain effective relationships both with the supply base and internal stakeholders
- Continuously review the supply base through category management methodology and consolidate where appropriate to optimize value and total cost of ownership
- Support Procurement system enhancement where relevant
Skills and Experience Required:
We are looking to appoint a passionate, ambitious and driven Procurement Specialist with experience and understanding of the end to end Procurement process. You will have a high level of commercial awareness and proven contract negotiation skills.
The role requires a candidate with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. As Procurement Specialist you will need to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, as such strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Bonus eligibility
- Access to flexible benefits
- Generous pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Free onsite gym
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads on 01962 869 838. Sophie is managing this role on an exclusive basis. All enquiries are handled confidentially.