Interim Supply Chain & Sourcing Director
Interim Supply Chain & Sourcing Director - 3 Month Project
Private Equity owned International Manufacturing Organization
Location - Liberec, Czech Republic
Salary - €700-€800 per day
Contact - Rikard, JobsRL@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Reference - 7206.1
Following its acquisition by a Private Equity Group, this international manufacturing organization is undergoing a transformation of its Purchasing & Supply Chain organization by merging the EMEA, US and APAC regions into one global function. By creating one central Global Purchasing and Supply Chain department this organization aims to significantly optimise costs and improve processes by developing more global strategic sourcing strategies, significantly reducing its international supplier panel and renegotiating key contracts.
With an estimated direct material spend of approx. €25M, the business has set a savings target of €1M in the next financial year to be taken away from a spend with already low margins. This will come through renegotiating terms with top 10 suppliers and finding supply chain improvements in inventory management and assembly costs.
The preferred candidate for this position will be immediately available to start a new project and be based out of the site in Liberec, Czech Republic for the duration of the project. You will also have a proven background of sourcing direct materials in a manufacturing or production environment with close interaction with Supply Chain.
As the interim Supply Chain and Sourcing Director you will:-
- Support the development and execution of a global sourcing strategy for global production materials alongside the VP of Operations and CEO
- Deliver significant cost reductions through implementation of new sourcing strategy and rationalization of global supplier base
- Improve supply chain efficiencies through cross-functional collaboration with Operations and Logistics teams
- Provide leadership and guidance to an international team of Buyers and Purchasing Managers
- Provide deep analytical insights into business spend data to identify and capitalise on savings opportunities
- Bring an entrepreneurial mindset into a growing company with a clear vision for growth and success
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or similar field; MSc or MBA highly desirable
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional interim manager to deliver quick wins to a growing organization and lay the foundations for the incoming permanent Global Supply Chain & Sourcing Director. If you are an immediately available interim senior procurement professional looking for your next challenge, then apply now with your most up to date CV.