Having recently undergone a huge transformation within their procurement function, FTSE100 utilities giant seeks a high-achieving procurement manager to join their best-in-class procurement department. Having taken the utilities industry by storm by paving the way for renewable energy, this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious procurement specialist to join a leading organisation as they prepare for further expansion.
The procurement manager will prepare to step into a greenfield environment to develop and executive innovative strategies across the indirect categories. You will be in control of one the largest spends across the organisation and have full autonomy to lead the strategic sourcing process and full procurement lifecycle.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing expert advice to senior stakeholder and leading the design and implementation of complex category strategy within a greenfield environment.
- Leading the sourcing activities across innovation and professional services, working strategically to identify sustainable, long term saving opportunities.
- The full procurement process, from contract negotiation to implementation and management of contracts/ suppliers thereafter.
- Partnering with stakeholders to understand business needs to optimise business operations and skilfully manage a complex £ Multi-million procurement spend.
The procurement manager will have:
- Strong end to end procurement experience within any indirect procurement categories - additional experience within professional services is beneficial.
- A strategic mindset and approach when dealing with stakeholder and suppliers
- Demonstrated track record delivering consistent and long-term savings
- Degree + CIPS (preferable but not essential)
With an undisputed reputation for promoting internal talent, this is an excellent opportunity to fast track your career to a senior position within 12-18 months! You will gain exposure to two of the largest categories within the organisation and will have the opportunity to explore further categories in the future.
Key words: Procurement, IT Procurement, Category manager, category buyer, supplier relationship, Stakeholder Management, research and development, innovation, indirect procurement management, indirect spend, direct, professional services, Procurement, west London, Central London, East London, Directors, I.T procurement, Procurement Analyst, IT Procurement, cloud integration operations, strategic sourcing, indirect, direct, energy, procurement services, London, Digital, networks, hardware, software