Project Manager (Procurement)
Northern Ireland Housing Executive
WE BUILD ON AMBITION. YOURS.
The Housing Executive is a place of ambition. We are Northern Ireland’s strategic housing authority and its largest landlord - with a duty of care to many thousands of residents. Our aim is to enhance the social fabric of our communities, enabling people to shape their present and their future. To achieve this, we need committed, talented individuals.
Our Asset Management Directorate currently has a wide range of opportunities in the fields of:
• Compliance, Health & Safety
• Project Delivery
• Procurement & Programme Management
In order to help you reach your full potential, the Housing Executive offers a wide range of benefits and rewards that encompass salary, incentives, health and personal well-being, and work-life balance for all employees. We are seeking to recruit for the following vacancy:
Roles and Responsibilities (full list of responsibilities can be found on NIHE website):
You will support the Construction, Works & Services Senior Procurement Manager in delivering best in class, value for money procurements that maximise and apply leverage to the NIHE’s procurement spend, including:
- Procurement of contracts to ensure compliance with European Legislation, NI Public Procurement Policy and Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE) standing orders.
- Ensure that all procurement exercises are taken forward in accordance with best practice methodologies and that each procurement realises maximised value for money for the NIHE.
- Support the Construction, Works & Services Senior Procurement Manager in providing strategic advice and guidance to internal clients and staff in line with NI Public Procurement Policy, best practice and standing orders;
- Support the Construction, Works & Services Senior Procurement Manager in managing procurement activity to ensure full legal compliance and best value for money are delivered in accordance with the organisation’s requirements.
Candidates must meet one of the following requirements:
- A degree, plus at least 2 years’ relevant post qualification experience.
- A BTEC, plus at least 3 years’ relevant post qualification experience.
- Exceptionally, 5 years’ working experience in a procurement related discipline.
The successful applicant will have to be a member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) or be committed to attaining the MCIPS qualification on appointment to the role within 12-18 months. NIHE Reserve the right to only shortlist those candidates that are MCIPS qualified.
Project Manager (Procurement)
Salary: £27,358 - £34,106
Further information, including detailed job requirements and application form, is available, from our website at nihe.gov.uk or by: Telephone: 03448 920900
Applications will open on Thursday 7th March 2019 and the closing date for receipt of applications is 4.30pm Thursday 21st March 2019.
The Northern Ireland Housing Executive is an equal opportunities employer.