A global business operating across 50 countries worldwide and supplying a unique portfolio of equipment and services.
A business with strategic vison and capability providing unique products to a wide range of industries globally. This Contracts Manager will sit within a growing sourcing team, responsible for strategic activities across the construction category.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for the negotiation, implementation and on-going management of contracts with sub-contract construction contractors. Working on a global scale the Contracts Manager will be adaptable in their approach with a range of contractors and key stakeholders.
- Develop strategies and lead the commercial contracting negotiations for construction subcontract categories aligning to project requirements
- Work with Global Product teams (engineering, technology, commercial Product Management), supported business and functional organization to achieve goals
- Identify and qualify new construction contractors meeting the business requirements
- Develop base intelligence strategies to ensure the business benefits from latest supply offering
- Bring innovative solutions to maximize value proposition for products and bid opportunities
- Effectively utilize e-Sourcing tools to launch inquiries and receive contractor quotations/proposals
- Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers to maximize leverage and minimize risk
- Identify, develop and manage contractors; understand safety, commercial and capacity risks
- Manage contractor relationships and maintain interface at senior level within contractors’ organizations
- Act as an escalation point for contractor interface for project execution issues when relevant
Key experience required:
We are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager with a background in the construction and/or engineering sector. Further skills and experience are required -
- Bachelor of Engineering (preferably Mechanical / Civil) degree
- Thorough understanding and prior experience in contracts and contractual language.
- Strong influencing, communication and facilitative skills, including cross cultures and geographies
- Ability to bring teams together to achieve targets and goal and to work cross functionally
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical and non-technical information, internally and externally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good Knowledge of SAP and requisition to pay processes
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business. Please apply with an up to date CV today or call Sophie on 01962 869838 for more information.