Procurement Improvement Analyst
Our client is a small, but expanding, Procurement Management Consultancy with a fantastic company culture – it is agile, fun and sociable – and they advise and focus on the delivery of procurement and supply chain solutions to a range of clients, with a focus on the Retail, E-commerce, Private Equity and Aviation sectors.
Because of an internal promotion, they have a requirement for a Procurement Improvement Analyst to join their team. No previous procurement consultancy is required although you will need a couple of years' of experience in Procurement.
This is a pivotal role, working closely with the Consultants on client site and leading on data analysis and reporting, systems (e-auction work), process engineering and generally facilitating procurement effectiveness. You will also get involved in some low-level/risk buying activity.
This critical role is responsible for devising and implementing world class services for clients across processes, procedures and reporting as well as maximising outputs and credibility for the Consultants.
This is a great opportunity to learn from Procurement professionals around you and work in a continuous change culture. You will enjoy delivering results and working at speed and in an agile culture. Ideally you will live within commuting distance of London and the Home Counties.
The working pattern is 4 days per week on client site and 1 day per week from home.
There is a broad scope of activity in the role but the main responsibilities include:
• Collect spend and other data, including market data, and provide analysis across all spend categories for the client base
• Generate reports
• Support Consultants with market research, supplier data and other analytical requirements
• Take ownership of the e-auction system and act as a key user of the system
• Develop effective relationships with clients and be prepared to problem-solve
• Manage the project database across the entire Client base and ensure that all data is relevant and correct, working closely with the team of Consultants
• Support with sourcing activity
Skills and experience required:
• An Analyst or Buyer with at least 18 months' experience of working in Procurement
• Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
• Excellent analytical skills with experience of producing dashboards and reports
• Experience of working with databases
• Experience of forming effective relationships with internal stakeholders and colleagues
• Some exposure to negotiation is preferable
• Comfortable working in a flexible culture which is not heavy on process
• Able to multi-task, be pragmatic and deliver to deadlines
• Degree calibre