Our client is a small, but expanding, Procurement Management Consultancy with a fantastic company culture – it is agile, fun and sociable – and they advise and focus on the delivery of procurement and supply chain solutions to a range of clients, with a focus on the Retail, E-commerce, Private Equity and Aviation sectors.
They have a new requirement for an ambitious procurement professional to join their team as a Consultant and be aligned to one of their new clients.
No previous procurement consultancy is required – it's more about your rounded procurement skills, preferably in Indirect spend and/or operational supply chain and logistics experience, ability to build relationships, your appetite for continuous change and ability to be a team player and work in a non-corporate culture.
You will be a procurement and supply chain professional who enjoys delivering results and working at speed and in an agile culture. You will need a good insight into how Procurement impacts a business and preferably some understanding of finance (budget planning, etc.) Initially, you will be aligned to one major client – a major Retailer in Greater London – where you contribute to the category strategy development and implementation in a greenfield site for strategic Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics.
Ideally you will live within commuting distance of London and the Home Counties. The working pattern is 4 days per week on client site and 1 day per week from home.
• Develop and implement appropriate strategies across general service/indirects categories, logistics and supply chain through a team approach, using intelligent procurement tools to analyse markets, suppliers and products
• Engage and build credible relationships with the stakeholder community
• Develop subject matter expertise and market intelligence to identify sourcing opportunities and commercial levers across a range of spend areas in order to deliver value to the business as well as realising savings
• Produce professional reports and communications on category activity and performance and execute these at pace and with a high focus on results and quality of output
• Take responsibility for negotiation proposals, ensuring delivery of quality services from suppliers as well as conducting new contract negotiations as well as renewals
• Contribute to the overall business planning and forecasting process for the Client, ensuring all legislative and reporting requirements are met in full
• Manage projects from a Total Cost of Ownership perspective
Skills and experience required:
• A procurement 2nd or 3rd jobber with around 5 years' experience in Procurement and/or Procurement and Supply Chain, ideally with broad Indirects procurement experience. Any previous experience in operational Supply Chain is a bonus
• Personality and drive are critical for this role – you will be ambitious, business minded and agile in approach, able to work as part of a team and not be a process pusher
• A flair for communication and listening as well as able to process information quickly
• Results-focused and passionate about driving continuous improvement
• Degree calibre